Cosmetics or makeup industry has seen as well as is slated to boom in India in the upcoming years as the purchasing power goes on to rise and the aspirational societal class keeps bludgeoning. When it comes to cosmetics, the industry has seen a lot of trends be it organic, ayurvedic, vegan and so on.
Thankfully, in the competitive landscape of today, we have got a wide variety of skincare or haircare brands at our disposal to choose from. Here we explore a few of such brands and what have been their respective top seller products.
- M.A.C. Cosmetics: Envisioned by two Make-Up Art Cosmetics based in Toronto, Canada viz Makeup artist Frank Toskan and photographer salon owner Frank Angelo. As the duo became irritated by the lack of makeup that would get photographed well. Finally, they decided to create their own. Started by making the cosmetics in their kitchen and selling them straight from the salons to soon, stylists and fashion editors finding of it and getting the product into the action, the word-of-mouth popularity made the duo launch the M·A·C in March 1984 from a counter in a Toronto department store.
MAC Lipsticks – one of the most popular being Retro Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo, MAC lipsticks command enormous authority in this niche. Long-wearing formula with multiple hues and textures made them very popular. MAC lipstick shades and how to get them at best price online in India, read further here.
MAC Lipcolor – get that last moment to touch up for your party look, with MAC bright textures lip colours. All of the variants promise you a lasting liquid finish. Retro Matte Liquid lip colour is one of the highest sellers in this category.
MAC foundation – With its Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 with the ultimate durability test, the formula is claimed to last for a full 24 hours! It combines a matte finish and a medium-to-full buildable coverage with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15/PA++ protection giving skin a smooth and flawless look.
MAC Gel eyeliner
- Lakme: Owned by the Hindustan Unilever Limited, it ranks at number 1 among cosmetic brands in India. Lakme started as a 100% subsidiary of Tata flagship, which was then later sold to HUL. Being India’s homegrown cosmetic company, Lakme is more oriented towards Indian skin and body types in its manufacturing composition.
Lakme 9 to 5: The gel eyeliners by Lakme is first of its king gel kajal. It’s infused with aloe vera and calendula oil.
Lakme Foundation: with the new formula makes you feel soft and incredibly weightless, such that you don’t even realise wearing one also making it perfect for everyday use. The matte finish helps it blend effortlessly onto skin to conceal imperfections.
Lakme Absolute easily blends into the skin to provide an even-toned skin. It is extremely light with a natural matte finish. Additionally, it keeps the skin healthy and protected with its new SPF-8 formula that also gives peachy-soft and naturally flawless skin for up to 16 hours. The Lakme Absolute Mattreal Skin Natural Mousse is available in 6 different shades.
- The Body Shop: is known for their vegan beauty products, having a wide range of Skincare, Make-up, Haircare, and Bath & Body products, inspired by nature & forever against animal. The company is owned by a Brazilian cosmetics company Natura and part of the Natura & Co group.
The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream: is very popular and has proven efficacy to evens the skin complexion. Additionally cream gives flawless coverage by tackling the appearance of blemishes.
Ethiopian Honey Deep Nourishing Mask is an honey-textured moisturizing mask which nourishes and hydrates the skin. It replenishes the skin as skin requires regular doses of an intensely nourishing treatment.
- Colorbar: is known for their vegan beauty products, having a wide range of Skincare, Make-up, Haircare, and Bath & Body products, inspired by nature & forever against animal. The company is owned by a Brazilian cosmetics company Natura and part of the Natura & Co group.
Colorbar Foundation sells like a hot cake for the brand. Essentially the flag bearers for the company, they are a must for bride makeup tool kit.
ColorBar Matte Touch Lipstick: the intense colour and the semi-matte velvety finish offers a Softer and creamier application as well is Non-caking and non-drying.
- Maybelline: grew from a small, family-owned business to being presently reported as the number one cosmetics company in America. Its vision statement reads – “Inspired by confident, accomplished women, Maybelline gives you scientifically-advanced formulas, revolutionary textures and up-to-the-minute, trendsetting shades effortlessly, affordably, beautifully.” They came up with now immensely popular – dark black mascara.
Maybelline New York Colossal Volume Express Mascara: Maybelline The Colossal Volum Express Mascara creates the full-body, high-volume lashes in a single stroke.
Maybelline Lipstick: With SPF 17 and honey protects, the colour show intense crayon protects lips from darkening and dryness. Available in 10 intense lip perfecting matte shades which makes sure Lip colour doesn’t fade in extreme heat and humidity.